Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Reading Challenges for 2014

I'm joining these reading challenges a little late in the year, but I didn't want that to dissuade me from participating! So, here are the challenges I will be joining:

Must Read in 2014


CORL 2014



2014 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge


My approach will be to compile all the books, fiction and non-fiction, I have been wanting to read. My goal will be to read 15 to 20 books by the end of 2014, entitling me to be a "book savant". As I "check off" my "must read" list, I will also check off what letter each book represents in my bowl of "alphabet soup". The remaining letters will be met through picture books that my son and I read over the coming months.

Here are my picks for 2014:




I've already started Wuthering Heights, which is a book I have been wanting to read for years! It's one of those elusive titles that I can't remember if I've actually read it, or if I have wanted to read it so long that my mind has made its own memory of reading it! Well, pretty soon, I won't have to wonder :-)

I'm so grateful to have come across these online literary communities! They have inspired me to write more, read more, and take time to enjoy what I love to do! Thank you to everyone involved in these challenges!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Reading Challenge! I really am looking forward to reading your reviews and seeing more of your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Myra! I haven't done much reading since my son was born, but I am looking forward to making it a priority in my life again :-)

      Delete