Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

One of my son's and my favorite books is The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore


I chose to read it to him for my first Book-A-Day book. We love the whimsical and yet profound allegory of a librarian's memoir. The reciprocal relationship between the reader and a book comes through as Mr. Morris Lessmore, who once cared for his books, finds himself in their care. At one point, when the imminent goodbye is afoot, I choke up. 


My young son always places his little hand over mine and encourages me to finish. Upon finishing the story, he likes to revisit each page, at his own leisure.


There are so many layers to this picture book that each page feels like its own little story. If you haven't yet read it, please do! I would love to hear your thoughts about "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment