Thursday, April 4, 2013

What's the Point?

It's been almost a year since I've written a blog post! I originally started my blogs to promote my growing writing business but I received very little, if any, traffic to my blogs so I stopped. In the rush of my days, being a single mom and trying to make ends meet, I let blogging slip through my fingers.

But, out of nostalgic curiosity, I perused my Memoirs Blog this morning and realized something: my blog posts are a sort of journal, capturing the otherwise forgotten moments of my life with my son!

So, I asked myself, "what's the point" and came to realize the point is...posterity!

I don't care if no one else sees or reads my blog posts because they have a much more meaningful purpose: they capture the little moments that fly by way too fast! So much has happened since my last blog post that I find myself grieving over the moments that will never be remembered. We can only live for so long with regret, though, and I look forward to all the moments to come :-) 

3 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog, and your writing and story are beautiful! I have cautiously entered the world of blogging and am very unsure of what I am doing. Your words about how who sees my blog is not as important as to the reason why I write. Thank you for your "inadvertent nudge." Maybe I can do this after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Leigh Anne, I am just now seeing this comment! This turned out to be my only post of 2013, and the one I got a comment on! I am sorry I didn't see this sooner, but thank you for your visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, you've given me something to think about here in this post!! :) So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete