Friday, March 9, 2012

The Dream I Dared to Dream

“Keep on dreamin’, even if it breaks your heart.” 

I heard these lyrics in a song on the radio today and they made me think of my son.  He is the dream that I dared to dream even though it broke my heart. 

Every time I saw a Mommy with her young child, my heart broke.  Every time a friend shared their news of pregnancy, my heart broke.  Every time I laid in bed aching for a child, my heart broke.

But, I kept dreaming that someday I, too, would be a Mommy. 

Even when I found myself pregnant, my heart broke.  When his Dad left us, leaving me to bring my child into a broken family before he was even born, my heart broke. Through the long, dark, lonely nights of my first trimester, when I feared losing him like I had lost before, my heart broke.

But, I kept dreaming that he would be healthy and know only that he is loved!

And now, because I kept dreaming, my son is a healthy toddler surrounded by so much love and life and promise that...


...my heart no longer breaks.

What do you dare to dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment